Gum disease is a very common problem faced by today’s generation people popularly known as gingivitis. The disease is characterized by symptoms like redness and swelling in the gum tissues, persistent bad breath, bleeding while brushing the teeth, a bad taste in the mouth, pain in the gums and loose teeth. Remember, if not treated on time it may lead to more complicated disease called Periodontitis.
Now, let’s understand what is the main cause? There are many causes behind gum disease, but the primary cause is poor oral hygiene which results in plaque buildup along and under the gum area. Other factors like – hormonal imbalance, improper diet, stress, smoking, diabetes and other illness also contribute to the problem. Hobbies can be ways to get your fitness levels up, but if you are going for a hobby like that then you should be smart about picking the right one.
Homemade Remedies For Gum Disease
Homemade remedies are the best choice to reduce and treat effective symptoms of gum disease and prevent the growth of further complication. To ensure healthy teeth and gums, it becomes importantto follow below mentionedhomemade remedies for gum disease. Don’tforget that it is important to get rid of bacteria that cause inflammation and treat gum problems as soon as you feel the pain or notice other symptoms.
Lemons are the best alternative for treating problems related to severe gum infection. Lemons are anti-inflammatory which are helpful to large extent in treating infected gums. Besides this, lemons are rich in Vitamin C whichhelps your gums to fight from infection.
- Method:Make a paste from the liquid of lemon and add some salt. Shake it well and apply to your teeth. Let it stay on your teeth for 5-10 minutes and gargle with lukewarm water for effective results. Try this 3-4 times a week to get instant relief.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda
For this, you have to add one tablespoonful of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water. Later on, use the liquid with baking soda for rinsing after brushing teeth. You can also drink the left water to fight with the internal sum disease. Here we will be talking about 10 hobbies that really work great to relieve your stressful mind.
Apply Tea Bags
Applying tea bag to the affected area rather than simply drinking the beverage is the most popular homemade remedy out of otherhomemade remedies for gum disease.
- What you need to do? Put a tea bag full of tea in boiling water for 3-5 minutes, remove it and allow it to cool. Then, place the cooled tea bag on the affected areas of your gums for at least 5 minutes. The acid present in tea helps to reduce gum infection.
Being an antimicrobial, Aloe Vera kills the bacteria that cause gum disease. It also fights with problems like bad breath and mouth ulcers. Massaging your gums with Aloe Vera gel and leaving it for at least half an hour reduces bacterial growth in gums.
Since, Ayurvedic and Traditional times – Turmeric is considered as a best medicine in treating problems like – small wounds, cuts, swelling, etc. The ingredients present in turmeric are anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial and anti-viral.
- Method: To prepare a solid paste mix1tsp of turmeric with ½ tsp of salt and ½ tsp of mustard oil to provide relieffrom pain and swelling. For effective results, it’s recommended to run your gums with this paste twice in a day.
Garlic is mainly known for its antibiotic propertiesand it consists of main medical component calledallicin. The regular use of allicin reduces the spread of dental problems.
- Method: Mash one or two cloves of garlic, leave it for few minutes so that allicin is formed after sometime place it on the affected gums. In some cases, it may burn skin, so it’s best to mix it with honey.
It is a beneficial herb to treat diseases related to gums. Add some fresh sage leaves in a glass of boiling water for about 10 minutes, leave it for cooling and gurgle the paste into your mouth 2-3 times a day.
Strawberries with Lemon Juice
Strawberries not only fulfill the purpose of cleaning and whitening the teeth, they are also responsible for maintaining good health of gums. They also consist of Vitamin C in large amount to fight with severe diseases and treat infections.
- Method: Place 3-4 strawberries in a grinder and add tbsp of organic lemon juice to it. Apply this strawberry and lemon juice mixture on your gums daily.
- Here is a list of 20 foods which are rich in Iodine.
Due to high Vitamin C present in it, cranberry juice is good for fighting gum diseases and other infections. It’s the most effective remedy among homemade remedies for gum disease.Forthis, you simply have to drink two tablespoons of cranberry juice daily to avoid bacteria sticking to your mouth.
Sea Salt Solution
Salt water reduces the growth of swollen gums and other infections in a very easy way.
- Method – Dissolve a small amount of sea salt in a cup of warm water. Put the solution into your mouth for 30 seconds and throw it out. Repeat this method several times a day.
These are the homemade remedies for gum diseaseyou can try and get rid of your persistent gum problems.