In today’s rapidly changing world, it can be quite difficult to pace your mind and heart. And with the ups and downs that life throws at us every now and then, it is quite eventual to feel like you are drowning in the sea of worries, tension, and stress. But don’t let these negative vibes swamp you. Just take a deep breath and calm yourself with these Life-Changing Buddha Quotes For those Down Moments.
In times of despair, dreaded feelings hit you from all angles. And it is really easy to open the doors of your mind and let such a negative aura in, but the difficult thing is to cleanse the mind and embrace all the positivity that you can. Beautiful quotes like the ones we have lined up for you will make this process easier. That’s the magic of quotes that manage to convey a deep, long message in just a few words.
Life-Changing Buddha Quotes For those Down Moments
Life-Changing Buddha Quotes
It is only fair to know a little more about the great man who has given us such beautiful and inspiring quotes that teach us how to live life. Siddhartha Gautama, also known as Gautama Buddha was a monk, philosopher, sage, spiritual teacher, and religious leader. It was his teachings that Buddhism was founded on. It is believed that sometime between the 6th and 4th centuries BCE, Buddha lived in ancient India and taught others how to live a life of compassion and joy and free of suffering.
Buddha’s teachings have affected millions of people from ages and still continue to do so. While the people today are struggling to juggle everything at once and still find no happiness or joy, Buddha’s wisdom inspires us to attain calm and help us achieve the inner peace that is much needed for the distressed soul.
• “No one can save us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We must walk the path alone.”
• “There is no fear for one whose mind is not filled with desires.”
• “An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.”
It Is Not Just You
Before you begin to feel like you are all alone in your bad times and think that there would not be any end to this dark tunnel that you are stuck in, just calm yourself and relax. And then remember that you are not alone in this. Studies have shown that many people are suffering from depression and anxiety and this number is increasing day by day. So don’t let that feeling of loneliness hit you and drag you deeper down the sea. In such situations, surround yourself with positivity and learn to fight the negativity with all your might.
• “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.”
• “Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.”
• “However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?”
Quotes That Are Life-Changing
Many of you must have come across several quotes by Buddha and would surely agree that they are indeed life-changing. They simply manage to touch your heart with their precision and profound meanings. It helps us to grow as a person and assist in achieving enlightenment. So for situations like when you find yourself in the darkest tunnel with no source of light, enlighten yourself with these life-changing quotes.
• “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.”
• “Understanding is the heartwood of well-spoken words.”
• “Purity and impurity depend on oneself; no one can purify another.”
Inspirational Spiritual Quotes about Life
How To Increase Willpower And Self-Confidence
Amazing and Inspiring Quotes about Life
Inspirational thought of the Day Quotes
Work Life Balance Tips for Extremely Busy People
Light up your spirit with the positive quotes and fight the negative darkness which surrounds you when you are feeling low. It is not easy but the best things do not come easily either. One of the major reasons why people are not able to fight their depression and anxiety is because of the lack of positivity in their lives. So embrace the positive attitude and values and you will see the change real soon.
• “The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.”
• “Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.”
• “Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.”
Control Your Mind
It is all about the mind. When you are not able to control your mind, it starts controlling you and wreaks havoc in your life. It ends up shaping your thoughts which may not always be positive and sometimes they are just outright destructive. Your thoughts shape your behavior which in turn molds your whole life and relations with others. So controlling your mind definitely tops the list. Meditation will help you there.
• “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow.”
• “It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven, or hell.”
• “The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.”
Let Peace In
Peace of the mind is a must in this ever-changing era. People these days are so lost in achieving materialistic contentment that the inner contentment which is necessary for the soul is nowhere on their radar. And if it is then it ranks quite below in the list. And when there is no peace inside, how is one supposed to get that outside, in the noisy world, where it is difficult to hear your own voice? So calm your mind and let peace settle inside. Only then will you know the true form of contentment.
• “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
• “To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one’s own in the midst of abundance.”
• “Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.”
Life is a beautiful affair. But rather than enjoying it or living it to the fullest, we are more concerned about other trivial things that do not even matter in real. No wonder, we find no peace or contentment and feel blue and low. So let go of the concerns and worries about such things and focus on how to free yourself from the web of troubles and sufferings. Life is yours, live it your own way!