Pregnancy is a very crucial period for every woman and at this time we need to care both our baby and ourselves. At this time we have to keep our body fit and slim and for that exercise are needed. Actually it’s better to keep moving when you are expecting. The pregnant women those who exercise suffer less from back pains, more energy and better body image. Even exercise helps in faster return from their pre- pregnancy shape. Being fit is actually much beneficial for pregnant women and for that exercise is compulsory. Don’t worry as you can stay well with all these exercises. If you have any confusion you can check it out with your doctor.
Simple Exercise During Pregnancy for Each Trimester
1. Plie: At first stand parallel to the back of a chair with your hand close to the chair resting on it. Keep your feet parallel and hip distance apart. Now Put your toes in 45 degree angle and pull your belly button up and in Bend your knees lowering your torso as low as possible. While keeping your back straight. Slowly return in the start position. Repeat this exercise for some time as it strengthens your quadriceps, hamstring and butt. This exercise also helps in improving balance.
2. Side Lying Inner and Outer Thigh: Lie on your right side with your head supported by forearm. Bent your right leg at a 45 degree angle and the left leg straight. Now place your opposite arm on the floor for stability. Lift left leg to a height of as possible for repeats. Obviously switch sides while repeating. This is helpful in strengthening the core and inner thighs.
3. Plank: Get down on your hands and knees. Put the wrists directly under your shoulders. Slowly lift your knees and straighten your legs behind you until your body forms a complete straight line. Remember not to arch your back and let your belly sag. Hold for 1-2 breaths and working up to 5 breaths. It generally strengthens your core, arms and back.
4. Curl and Lift: Sit on the edge of a sturdy chair with your back straight. Keep your feet on the floor and both your arms on the two sides of your body. Hold weight of about 6-8 pounds on both of your hand and the palms facing your body. Bend both your elbows so that it forms a 90 degree angle. Keeping your elbows bent, lift the weight up to shoulder height. Lower both the arms to your sides then straighten to return to the starting position. Repeat the same process for a number of times. This exercise is very useful for biceps and shoulders.
5. One Arm Row: Take a sturdy chair and place your right knee on the seat. On the other side, your left foot will be on the floor. Bend your whole body a bit forward. Put your back parallel to the floor and place your right hand on the seat. Hold a little weight of about 5-8 pound in your left hand. Keep your palms facing in and the arms extended down in line with your shoulder. Bend your left elbow up so that it forms a 90 degree angle. Hold and then return to the starting position. Repeat this exercise for a couple of times and remember to switch sides. This exercise is mainly done to make your biceps, triceps and back strong.
All the above exercises are mostly very simple and can be done by any pregnant women during the time of pregnancy. To tell in details, these exercises will keep your body fit and fine from all the sides. You known that during the pregnancy period you carry an extra weight in your weight and there is a great chance of getting pain in the bones and muscles. So workout is a very crucial thing in this condition. To keep yourself active, you will need to go through these exercises. There are other various yoga exercises which can also be done during the time of pregnancy so you can also practice those exercises. For better result you may consult with your doctor or you can contact with a fitness expert who cab guide you through these confusions regarding the workouts. At the end, have a good time and enjoy the pregnancy period as a new member is going to come in your family.