If you are feeling unwell with your tight hips and thighs then at last you have came to the right place. Tight hips are a very common problem for almost every human being. Those who are associated with various activities like cycling, dancing, runners etc. But remember if you develop tight hips you are going to face a lot of problem. If you really lobe your body you should maintain some flexibility. That will result in reducing discomfort and prevent various types of injuries. But how to avoid this tight hips? Just few simple workout and your tight hips will get removed. Try it out.
Stretches that Instantly Opens your Tight Hips and Thighs:
1. Extended Wide Squat: Stand with your hips slightly wider than your hips. Bend your knees and lower your hips down towards the ground. You can place a mat or a piece of cloth on the floor before doing this workout. This is just for a support. Bring both your palms together at the centre and then firmly press your elbows against the inside of your knees. Actually this will help to open your hips further. After five to six to breaths, release the hands to the floor to make a stretch on the hips and lower backs. Again hold in that position for some minutes.
2. Wide Legged Split: From the wide squat, place your hands on the floor in front and inch your feet apart. Make sure that your heels are wider than your toes. Rest the soles of your feet at all times to protect the knees. Now as your hips get lower turn your head on one side and put your shoulders on the ground as shown in the picture. Rest your chick on the ground. Stay on this position for five deep breaths and slowly return to the beginning position.
3. Head to Knee: Sit on the ground with your legs outside in front of you. Bend your right knee and pull the sole on your foot against the left thigh. Sit with a tall spine and reach both the hands to your left foot and stack your torso on top of your left thigh. If you can’t reach your hand to the foot, rest it on the knee. Notice that your back doesn’t gets round. Hold for 4-5 breaths to get better results. Repeat the same with the other side.
4. Pigeon: This is a basic yoga pose in which you will have to it with your right knee bent and your left leg extended behind you. May be tough at first but with time you will be used to the exercise. Make sure your left hip is completely pointed towards the mat. Stay in that position with your hands resting on your right thigh or your hips. Allow your torso to rest over the right knee. Hold in this position for a while and take deep breath. Repeat the same with the opposite side.
5. Double pigeon: Sit on the floor with your both legs in front of you. Bent those and keep it parallel to the pelvis as shown in the picture. Make sure that your folded legs form a triangle shape. Put your both hands at the back and your fingers touching the ground. Hold in the same position for some time and surely you are going to get some better results.
6. Happy Baby: Lye flat on the mat on your back. Bend both the knees and hold the outside edges of your feet with hand. Keep your arms on the outside of your leg. Use your upper body strength to equally press both the knees to the floor. Try not to give pressure on your shoulders and keep everything relaxed. Stay in this position for a while and take five deep breaths.
7. Open Lizard: Come into lunge position with your right knee forward and lower your left knee to the floor. Rest your hands on the floor under your shoulders. Slowly lower your right knee to the right so that you can rest on your right flexed foot. Keep your arms straight pressing your chest forward to increase the stretch. Hold for 15 seconds and repeat the same on the opposite side. Remember to take deep breaths while holding in the position.
8. Butterfly: Sit on the ground and bend both your knees and bring your feet together. Now using your hands open your feet up like a book. Use your leg muscle to press your knee downwards towards the floor. Now straighten your spine with pulling the belly inwards. Relax your shoulders and see towards your feet. Hold and take five breaths and finally fold forward your torso towards your leg. Keep your spines straight still. Rest your hands on your feet pressing your knees down with arms. Stay here for few more seconds.