No doubt, abstract painting is one of the purest forms of painting, where the artist get a whole new idea to harmonize the paints to establish a masterpiece painting that emanates brilliant hues illuminating a perfect vision. We all have been there, where we stand in front of an amazing art piece “Oh!, I wish, I could paint like that.” The abstract painting ideas for beginners might look easy, but this classic form of contemporary artwork can be challenging as well. As one can actually feel the classic combination of colours in the abstract painting. The most commonly found colour in abstract painting that always amazes is Blue. To absolutely blow your mind, here are Blue Abstract Painting To Admire.
Gather the Necessary Tool:
Once your canvas and paints are ready, gather all the brushes and other tools required. Always have a rough cloth near you to keep cleaning the brush.
- Dry Brush Application: create a strong current of colour with the dry brush technique. Here, paint is applied directly to the canvas, without using water. This is used for additional textures and movement of lines.
- Washing: diluting the paint with water to apply translucent washes, is called as washing. It gives effects like watercolours paintings. Mainly used for landscapes.
- Dabbing: dab a colour with the help of sponge or paper towel, it adds a lot of texture. Keep playing around with mediums, use charcoal or pastels.Dabbing is the one of the easiest art so anyone can try.
Blue abstract painting having a marbled effect in the shades of aqua, blue, seafoam green, light blue, dark blue with metallic accents. Modern liquid effect painting with calm, serene coaster feel of the seas, creating a stunning effect.
An amazing tip to help you get that perfect blue hue is, instead of mixing two colour, mix them partially using palette knife before painting. Once you’ve mastered the art of mixing colours, the abstract painting will be a cakewalk for you!
To Paint Sea Waves:
Use technique called layering while painting sea waves. This means adding more and more refinement layers to your painting. For this, it is really important to maintain the same direction of brush strokes throughout.
To Paint Sky:
Mixing a small amount of matte medium to your paint can give you a luminous scene. Often watercolours are used for painting sky, as they give the perfect texture, that almost look like real!
Seascape painting is the easiest subject and commonly preferred for blue abstract painting for beginners. Once you learn the techniques and the anatomy, it’s too easy to create variances in your seascape painting.
Let us look at some anatomy for a seascape painting:
- Avoid too many hard edges in your painting, soft and blended edges make it look more alluring.
- Add warm water reflected light in the shadows, to make it look as real as possible.
- While painting a scene, when the water meets the sky, make it a little convex. As we do live in a round earth.
- Always look for gradient plane in painting, this can also be done by painting blue and violet coloured foam in low light.
- Do not paint the clouds with white, a lot of white hues might make painting a little busy and offbeat.
- Waves often become the focal point of the painting, thus for blue abstract painting to admire, it has to have interesting visuals of waves creating harmonic thrust.
Blue Abstract Paintings to Admire
Any combination of blue and white abstract painting, when given a splatter of gold or silver metallic colour makes it so lively. When hanged in the living room, the blue n white hues gives a refreshing feeling. Gaze stars at night, click a photograph for your reference and capture the beauty on your canvas.