Self-discipline is the first step if you want to go ahead in your life. Living an undisciplined life is never a good thing and you can never progress in life with that. Everything in this world runs on a system and whenever it the system will fail, the full thing will become haphazard. Bringing self-discipline in life is like teaching own self the art of staying controlled and disciplined. So you will have to be the leader and teacher of yourself. Though self-discipline comes from the very young age and it completely depends on the way you are seeing everything around you. When you are too young, your parents and guardians make you learn about the right and wrong or what should be done and what should not be done. So it is the root of your mindset. So as you grow up you will start thinking about the right and wrong in you and that is the process of self-discipline. Yes, we know that mastering yourself is the toughest thing to do in life but if you really get some inspirations, you can do that on your own. So try out these quotes, which can make your life really different from now onwards.
Self Discipline Quotes to Practice:
1. In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves? Self-discipline with all of them came first.
2. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit
3. If you will discipline yourself to make your mind self-sufficient, you will thereby be least vulnerable to injury from the outside.
4. It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
5. The first and the best victory is to conquer self.
6. First, we form habits, then they form us. Conquer your bad habits or they will conquer you
7. Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There’s plenty of movement, but you never know if it’s going to be forward, backwards, or sideways.
8. It is not enough to have great qualities; We should also have the management of them.
9. We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit.
10. Nothing is more harmful to the service, than the neglect of discipline; for that discipline, more than numbers, gives one army superiority over another.
11. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step
12. There are no short cuts to any place worth going.
13. Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.
14. He who cannot obey himself will be commanded. That is the nature of living creatures.
15. Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
16. Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.
17. Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself.
18. Self respect is the root of discipline: The sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.
19. Discipline really means our ability to get ourselves to do things when we don’t want to.
20. When the fight begins within himself, a man’s worth something.
21. A man without decision of character can never be said to belong to himself…He belongs to whatever can make captive of him.
22. If we don’t discipline ourselves, the world will do it for us.
23. We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-
discipline, and effort
24. Self-discipline is an act of cultivation. It require you to connect today’s actions to tomorrow’s results. There’s a season for sowing a season for reaping. Self-discipline helps you know which is which
25. Happiness is dependent on self-discipline. We are the biggest obstacles to our own happiness. It is much easier to do battle with society and with others than to fight our own nature
If you were feeling that self-discipline is the toughest thing to achieve in life, you were the most idiot one in this world. Do you know that you can only groom yourself the best and no one can do that better from you. When you start getting the right and wrong in everything of your life, that’s the beginning you are making. Think about it seriously and you will find that you are only showing you the right way to go ahead. So this is the main thing to realize. Try to love yourself and try to respect yourself; otherwise, you can’t think something good for yourself. There is a proverb, if you don’t love yourself you can’t love others and the same thing applies with respecting others. So if you don’t have discipline in yourself you can’t bring discipline in any of your work. We are almost sure that the above quotes have taught you think a bit differently about yourself. Now on just think before doing anything in your life. Give just two minutes to yourself and those 120 seconds will show you the way.