If you are planning for a family camping ahead, it’s going to be a great experience for you. But the main thing is that when it’s all about family, you will have to think about your kids. You all are adults and maybe you have a camping experience. But your kids are new to this type of trip and so you will have to take care of them. You will have to understand that you can make yourself comfortable with many things when you have an experience but your kids can’t do that. So when you are going to a camping trip, you should remember some important things when you are camping with kids as a safety measure.
Important things to remember when you are Camping with Kids:
1. Plan Ahead: First of all, you should have a proper planning about the trip when you are going with your kids. To get the best camping experience, you will obviously need a proper planning. Make sure that you have all the gears needed and plenty of food for the whole trip. Always try to pay attention to the small things and the big things will automatically get cared.
2. Involve the Kids: Now the next important part of the trip is that when you are taking your kids for a camping experience, you will have to keep them involved all the time. Kids are always anxious in nature, which results in getting bored very quickly. Pay great attention to their needs. Keep them focused on different matters and let them not get bored easily.
3. Buddy System: Do you have an idea about the buddy system? If yes then you don’t need to know about it, but if not you should know that it is a process of keeping your kids within a communication. If your kids are too small, then you should always keep them within your eyesight, but if your kids are a little grown up, you should keep them within your earshot. But let them explore things on their own.
4. Education: Proper education is like keeping your kids more and more safe. Teach and teach them enough so that they can have an idea bout many things around them. Like make, them know about the poisonous plants, different types of insects and animals, geography of the place you are going etc. But every teaching should be in a manner that they can understand very well. Make them understand like a story.
5. Playing: Kids love to play and it is very necessary for their refreshment. Let them have fun with playing and in some cases, you can also join them. You are not taking them for a camping regularly, so remember to make the trip memorable for them.
6. Safety Rules: It is very important to teach your kids the safety rules. Make them clear that they should never leave their campsite or enter other’s campsite without your permission. Give them a whistle to hand on their neck. Tell them if they are in danger, they should blow it to warn everybody.
7. Essentials: If you are an experienced in camping, you should always think of the camping essentialities. So the essential items are Matches, Map, Compass, Fire starter, Flashlight or a Headlamp, plenty of water and food, mosquito repellants, extra clothing and sunglasses. Also, don’t forget to keep a first aid box and a pocket knife with you.
8. Potty Training: It is always recommended to carry a potty for the kids when you are going to a camping. But using the potty needs a potty training. You can use diapers for very small kids. Actually, it’s almost impossible to get washroom in the camping sites and so you should think it very seriously.
9. Cleanliness: Keeping your campsite clean and hygienic will actually keep your kids healthy and fit. In addition, they will also learn to keep their environment clean and clear. Actually if you are a good camper, you will always try to keep your world clean in which we live in.
10. Record the Experience: So now when you are returning home, everything is packed and you are almost about to leave. Take some time with your kids to recall all the records of the camping tour. Make them write an essay on it. The main thing is that you should make your kids recall all their experiences in the camp and can share it to the friends and others.
You have almost got an idea about how to prepare for a camp tour with your kids and now it’s time to plan for the next trip ahead. So it’s great that you can now go for a camping with your whole family and it’s not a matter of confusion. So get ready to pack and step out of your house for a new destination.